IN-PERSON WALK - Sunday May 14th
Together, let’s fund more research for breast cancer.
Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14, 2023
Registration 9:00 AM
5KM Walk / Run 10:00 AM
Walter Baker Park
100 Charlie Rogers Pl, Kanata, ON K2V 1A2
We invite you to create a team, rally friends & fam, gather pledges, and walk to raise funds for breast cancer research. Every dollar you raise, enables us to put more life-changing research into market. If you don’t think it will make a difference, we have the science to prove it does.
Pledge Drop-off: Opens at 9:00 am
Proceed to the registration table, only if you have pledge forms and offline (cash and cheque) donations to hand in.
Pre-Walk: Enjoy Music, Photo Area, Balloon Artist, and grab a Morning Snack Bag
Welcoming remarks will start at 9:40 am, followed by a Zumba warm up
Walk Start 10:00 AM sharp!
- 5 KM family friendly event. Walk at your own pace according to your fitness level.
- Non-competitive, however runners are welcome. We recommend runners lead the walk.
- This event will take place rain or shine so please dress appropriately, and wear comfortable shoes.
- At the end of the walk, goodie bags will be handed out for participants to take home.
- Washrooms are located inside the Kanata Recreation Complex.
- Well behaved leashed dogs are welcome. Please note that dogs are not permitted inside the Kanata Recreation Complex.
- There is not an official “spectator” area however those who wish to cheer you on are welcome anywhere in the park and can remain at the startline if they wish.